April 14, 2014
As a follow-up to the power outage and early release that took place on April 10, 2014, please see the attached alternate arrangement form (Our Family’s Emergency Plan). This form is a plan that can be created with you and your children, so in the event of an emergency or situation where students must be released from school early, your child will know what to do.
The plan is a three step process students should know; they can keep a copy in their backpacks in case they need it. The plan includes a location they should go to immediately when they leave the bus (this may simply be home), the name and phone number of who to call once they get to the set location, and then directions for staying at this location. Although this was the first time that Niagara Charter School had to unexpectedly release students early, emergencies can arise at any moment, so having your child know what to do is very important.
In addition to implementing this plan with your family, you can also do the following to ensure more efficient communication between yourself and the school:
- Provide the front office with your current email address; in an emergency/early release an email will be sent to all parents on this list
- Ensure your contact information including phone numbers are updated with the front office
- Sign-up for free text alerts on Channels 2, 4, and 7; the local News stations are immediately notified by the school, and you will instantly receive a text notifying you of the early release
- “Like” Niagara Charter School on Facebook; social media is an efficient way to stay connected
- Save the school’s website to your favorites; updates will also be posted there on the front page
Thank you for your participation and cooperation as we work together to keep our students and school safe!
Chief Academic Officer